A stereotypically cheesy title for my Singapore Study Abroad Blog

Saturday, March 23, 2013

100 years passed and my brother and I discovered the new blog post...

Why the hell did I pick that title? Points for getting the joke and not thinking I'm a complete dork. Anyway... moving on.

Well hello there! It's been a long time hasn't it. I'm sure we've all changed over our time apart, but I think we can get along just the same as we did in the old days. You know, back when I posted regularly.

Sarcasm aside, I do apologize that I have been absent from posting, once again I am still alive (though barely, my current GPA projections aren't looking too pleased after that bout of midterms I just crawled through) But I'm back on top and I mean who can complain on a tropical island. (I can, too many bugs and humidity, beaches aren't bad though) But more on how I'm going to fix my regular-posting-issue after this small anecdote that has been long overdue.

Over the week I got the chance to experience part of the Marina Bay Sands Hotel. One of the most popular and recognizable pieces of architecture in Singapore and by far one of the most expensive hotels in the country.


(It's the big one with the boat on top, also next to the science museum and Avalon Night Club)

I got a chance to look around the shopping on the ground floor and then I rode the elevator to the top to spend a wonderful evening in the "SkyPark" of Marina Bay Sands. The skypark houses an observation deck, a restaurant, an all-you-can-eat chocolate buffet, a night club, and the famous infinity pool (Which is reserved for Hotel Guests only)



I recommend coming in the evening if you simply want to visit the SkyPark (If you actually fork over the money for a room here, spend all day in that pool, it's worth it). The view is better at night in my opinion, and the night club and chocolate bar are only open in the evening. While the view is splendid (though I was spoiled by 1-Altitude's much higher view) and the night club is pretty chill (much more lax than other clubs in the area), I came for the chocolate.

The all you can eat chocolate bar did not disappoint. For $38 (alcoholic beverages are a little more, though coffee is free) (Not that I ordered alcohol, Mom.) you get access to as much as you can eat of the 50+ chocolate desserts. The desserts span in quality from small cookies all the way to fine mouse, and while the quality is not exactly the highest in the world, it's all you can eat and in my opinion, well worth the cost. Definitely spend time in the skypark though if you have the reservation to the buffet, as it costs money to get in unless you have the reservation. (Making the cost a lot more reasonable) And my biggest reccomendation is don't eat dinner before you go! You'll regret it when you're there.

I'm going to be staying busy with school here, classes are proving to be challenging and I'll talk about that in a later post. (I have a post that I'm working on about education and ethic differences, but I'm taking my time with it because I'm sending it to the Foster School of Business Website too). However, I do plan on keeping a regular update schedule until I leave Singapore (I'm only here another 7 weeks, it's crazy). I will be posting every weekend from here on out, most likely either Saturday or Sunday (my time, not yours). You can look forward to posts about the Jazz Club I'm checking out here, Shopping in Singapore, and 3 trips to Indonesia including Bali and hopefully summiting two volcanoes!

Thanks for your continued reading! And I look forward to sharing more of my adventures here with you! Until next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment