A stereotypically cheesy title for my Singapore Study Abroad Blog

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Can you paint with all the colors of the wind? I can.

This past weekend, among group projects, working on my book, and watching "A Very Potter Musical" for the first time (Seriously, just search it on YouTube if you haven't watched it, it's a winner. Yes, I'm like 4 years late to this party, I realize this. But hey, nobody was around so I sang Tangled and watched the musical. Sue me.) I also went to a Holi Party on St. John's Island.

St. John is a small island off the Southern coast of Singapore, a quick 15 minute boat ride away from the Marina. We had a blast and were there for 6 hours! It was my first experience with a Holi Festival and it was a great one. (Though I'm having trouble getting some of the colors out) For those who don't know what a Holi Festival is, click here


(I changed colors frequently, this was when we got attacked by orange and pink. More on Facebook)


Many of you will recognize it as a "color festival", there's a few great videos on YouTube is you want a better idea of what happens (Here's probably the best one) and it was a blast! I highly recommend finding one either in your area, or if you are traveling in Asia in the Spring, definitely try to go to one!

With only one month of school left, projects and final exams are picking up. I have a very busy few weeks coming up, but I'm looking forward to some great things too! (Including BALI!) My family is coming this next week and I will be showing them around Singapore and then we will head over to Bintan in Indonesia for some beach time.

My blog has just been contributed to the Singapore Memory Project as well, so it will be available on their website shortly, I'll post the link here when it is. Their project is collecting stories of Singapore as a national initiative, and I'm happy to contribute what I can to it. I even got a badge for it:


I'm still working on a post about education here and working on some blog posts for the Foster School of Business Study Abroad Blog, I'll post them here as well when they are finished (Or at least post links here). But for now, if you'll excuse me I have to go work on group projects, sing more very manly songs, and try to figure out how to get this color out of my white sheets.

Until next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment